Surviving in a Male Dominated Household

Snakes and snails and puppy dog tails...

Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Totally Twisted Tuesday....Terrible Timing...

It's strange how someone can plan everything to go smoothly and in one fail swoop of an arm, plans are shattered...and elbows are fractured.

Yesterday, Dave and I went to TGIFriday's (yes, on a Monday) to have lunch with Liam. I had just placed Liam in his high chair and went to sit down. As I did, I slammed my left elbow into the chair next to mine. I hit my funny bone. Whoever named it the funny bone was a dirty, dirty liar. It hurt...bad.

This was at 1:00 P.M. My left pinkie and ring finger had the sensation of being asleep and just woken up (the high pain tinglies) from about 1:20 until about 5:30 when Sandy arrived home and was able to check out my arm. I had even taken a nap because the pain was too much (and Sandy says ibuprofen isn't allowed).

She adjusted my arm (I had no idea it could pop like that) and used her tools on it. She brought out the tuning fork...aka Satan's wand. She used it on the lower and upper part of my arm before she placed the tool of death on my elbow. I snapped at her, "Don't ever do that again." She laughed, I apologized and she said that I might have a fracture, that I should ice it and we'd see what it looked like in the morning.

I iced it all night and it still hurts. I refuse to spend Dave's last day here in a hospital waiting room (if this had happened 4 weeks from now we could have x-rayed it at Sandy's office--but she doesn't have her machine yet) so I'm being a stubborn butt and having to drive through the pain. It hurts to pick up my purse so you can imagine it hurts to pick up Liam.

Maybe I'll go to the Doctor on Wednesday...AFTER Dave leaves. But not before. I'm a tough mama...a fractured elbow is nothing.

No comments: