Surviving in a Male Dominated Household

Snakes and snails and puppy dog tails...

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Random Acts of Kindness....

David wanted some Transformers sheets cause all of the other guys were getting them (no one ever accused him of growing up). So, I made a call to his parents and requested the sheets. They delivered them last night and I washed and packed them.

I went to the post office to mail them...I had already postaged it at work (I have a running total and pay it off at the end of the month) and thought it was good to go. The clerk at the post office told me that for only a dime more, I could have sent it priority and it would get there a day sooner. I sighed. I asked her if I could run out to my car and grab a dime (I didn't take my purse in with me). She sighed and said it was "fine" as she slammed her "Next Window Please" sign down.

Then I hear a "I've got a dime!" The guy in line next to me hands me a quarter. He says, "Keep the change. Buy yourself something nice" with a laugh. I smile and thank him.

So, because of a random act of kindness from a stranger, Dave will get his transformers sheets a day earlier. And I can honestly say that I'd never thought I'd type that sentence.

It was only a dime, but it made my day. It's the small things, folks.

No comments: