Surviving in a Male Dominated Household

Snakes and snails and puppy dog tails...

Monday, January 24, 2011

A Barn in the City--Week Three

Wow. I can't believe how this project has gained speed. Three weeks ago, I took pictures of the barn and posted about it on this blog. The next day I joined the facebook group and set up an online petition for them.

Three weeks later we barn huggers have over 2,000 members of the facebook group and over 800 signatures on the petition. I wrote an article for The SoapBoxers which in turn, inspired Kosmo to write a short story. See? The barn is still inspiring people!!

I have met some great people while working with them to Save The Barn. I have enjoyed every minute of it!

Liam's project this week for preschool was to take Mr. Monkey on adventures, take pictures and write about it in the journal. On Friday, I went to the WHO Radio studios to talk about saving the barn and took Liam and Mr. Monkey with me.


We all had a great time! My parents came down to visit on Sunday and before they left to go back to Glidden, Dad drove by the barn. He called me and said, "I see why you got involved. That barn is great." He also drove by the sister barn that Julia blogged about.

We rural folk love our barns, because they are so few and far between. I will keep working to save this barn, where it is, so my children can enjoy it.

SAVE THE BARN!!

No comments: