Surviving in a Male Dominated Household

Snakes and snails and puppy dog tails...

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Barn in the City--Week 2

One week ago I posted about The Barn in the City. I had heard about it on KCCI and joined the facebook page and asked how I could help. The next day I set up an email account for the cause at savingthebarn@gmail.com and a petition for the cause. I've met some great people who share the same passion for the barn.

Over the weekend, I worked on a press release and sent it out on Sunday. I believe the release interested the media and all of the local news channels attended a school board meeting on Monday night, despite the bad weather. Holly and I were asked to do interviews and I was contacted after the meeting by the media for name spelling requests.

On Wednesday, David and I took the boys to the WOW 98.3 radio station where I took part in a radio show called Fallon Forum. Liam thought the radio station was "neat" and even got to wear the headphones. He loved it. He was excited to tell his classmates he saw "a real live radio station." When they asked why, he said, "Because we HAVE to save the barn." You can listen to the radio show here.

If you're interested in helping the cause, click one of the links above. Join the facebook group. Sign the petition. Check out the website or email your letter to the West Des Moines School Board. Send your financial pledge (complete with name, address, pledge amount and phone number) to savingthebarn@gmail.com.


I've spent more time this week on "barn stuff" than my freelancing work. But I don't mind. As Liam says, "We HAVE to save the barn."


"We HAVE to save the barn!"-Liam Bowman





No comments: