Surviving in a Male Dominated Household

Snakes and snails and puppy dog tails...

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Surviving the Holidays...With Help From God

I can just about hear it now...I say it on my birthday to my kids, so why wouldn't He? I know the Holidays can be a stressful time, but I'm sure Jesus would say, "Hey guys, no fighting on my birthday, please?"

Even though we were snowed in and Mass was canceled, I made sure to pull up my Mass Readings app (yes, there is an app for that) and read the First Reading, Responsorial Psalm, Second Reading and the Gospel.

It was the Second Reading that really spoke to me. It is the Third Sunday in Advent and we must prepare our hearts for Jesus. The reading is from James 5: 7-10.

The following reading was taken from our Catholic Bible. James 5: 7-10
"Be patient, brothers and sisters,
until the coming of the Lord.
See how the farmer waits for the precious fruit of the earth,
being patient with it
until it receives the early and the late rains.
You too must be patient.
Make your hearts firm,
because the coming of the Lord is at hand.
Do not complain, brothers and sisters, about one another,
that you may not be judged.
Behold, the Judge is standing before the gates.
Take as an example of hardship and patience, brothers and sisters,
the prophets who spoke in the name of the Lord."

I like "Do not complain, brothers and sisters, about one another, that you may not be judged." Play nice with each other this Holiday season. And no fighting on Jesus' birthday.

No comments: