Surviving in a Male Dominated Household

Snakes and snails and puppy dog tails...

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A Lifelong Chiefs Fan...

Well, maybe not lifelong. But over half of my life I've been a Chiefs fan. It was a crush that brought me to the Chiefs. In 1993, Joe Montana started playing for the Chiefs. And while I had a huge crush on Joe (yeah, in my teenage mind he and I were on a first name basis) it taught me to learn and love football.

Most teenage girls had posters of movie stars and musicians on their wall. I did have a Jonathan Brandis poster, Marky Mark etc...but I had a MUCH LARGER Joe Montana poster. Yeah, I was that girl.While most girls were asking for makeup for Christmas, I was asking for football jackets and jerseys...and makeup.

And yes, I'll admit it. I also had a crush on Rick Mirer. Who? Yeah. Never mind. Maybe it's a Notre Dame #3 thing. Anyway...

I like football. And I married a guy who doesn't. He tries, don't get me wrong. But he likes to say, "That'll move the chains" on 3 and 10. Not so much, honey. We have quite the role reversal on Sundays. He's usually folding laundry while I'm yelling at the TV for the coach to challenge the last call. But it works.

Being a Chiefs fan hasn't been easy. (I'm also a Cubs fan too, so I'm an optimist?) I lived with Saints fans while my husband was in Iraq (his sister and her partner LOVE football) and became a Saints fan as well. But I always stay true to the Chiefs.

Having said that, I have a confession to make. I've never been to Arrowhead. Old or new. I would LOVE to go to a Chiefs game. And now that they've made the playoffs, I'd love it even more.

I'm excited about the post season this year. It's been a long time since I could say that.

Or the land of the free, and the home of the CHIEFS!!!!


No comments: