Surviving in a Male Dominated Household

Snakes and snails and puppy dog tails...

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Letters from Iraq....

I got my first "care package" in the mail yesterday from Dave. It contained a few gifts for Liam and I, as well as a few books he'd finished reading. He also included a card and a letter for me. Both made me cry.

He talked about how he missed me a lot, how he's got pictures of Liam and I hanging over his bed and when he gets frustrated, he just looks at our pictures and he's reminded of why he's there and who he has waiting at home for him. He called me his "lovely wife" and Liam, his "son who needs a haircut." :)

He always knew how to make me laugh through my tears.

He thanked me for the packages, as they keep him going. And he hopes he should have the internet soon (he'd better--we've had it paid for for the last month!!) so he can see Liam and I.

I've read his letter at least 50 times, and it is sitting on my nightstand. I had to read it once more before going to bed last night. And I fell asleep faster than I have in a long time.

Now if I could just shake this flu bug, life would be okay...

No comments: