Surviving in a Male Dominated Household

Snakes and snails and puppy dog tails...

Friday, June 8, 2007

Words from a stranger....

I was having a bad day yesterday. A really bad day. Work was a mess, I was having a pity party for myself, it was just no good.

After work, before picking up Liam, I decided to "treat myself" to a bottle of Coke at the gas station between work and daycare.

I was walking out of the QT, thinking about my day and stressing. A hispanic gentleman,in his 50's I guess, said "Hi" to me. I said "Hi" back. He said, "How are jou?" I said, "Fine" and fixed my eyes to the ground as I walked out to the car. He said, "Beautiful jou."

And that made me smile. Sure, it was a little strange, but it brightened my day.

It's amazing what a few nice words from a stranger can do to one's spirits.

No comments: