Surviving in a Male Dominated Household

Snakes and snails and puppy dog tails...

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

My Thoughts on the Election

It's been a couple of days and I know you're all holding your breath to hear what I have to think about the elections. However, Brendan and I were sick on Wednesday and Thursday, then Sean got it on Friday-Today, and now Liam's got a sore throat. So I've been a bit busy wiping noses, sucking out noses etc.

On to the elections. These opinions are my own. You may not agree with them. But this is my blog, not yours. :)

I was pleased. Granted, a few of the races in Iowa didn't go as I had hoped, but that's what you'll have. Governor Branstad is again back in Terrace Hill. And Chet is out. I have a feeling we haven't seen the last of him. He'll probably get an appointment as Secretary of Big Luggery in D.C. But whew. Finally. His Administration has been a failure upon a scandal upon a laundry list of bad judgements, failed policies and wrong values.

Speaking of values, all of the judges were voted out. And the world still turns. Imagine that. And for those who say it was against marriage, that wasn't just it. Judges should not legislate from the bench. And that's what they did. It was wrong and Iowans said "No more."

Nationwide, I was pleased that the GOP took over the House. I sure hope that smug look on Pelosi's face has been rubbed off. I was also pleased that more women voted for the Conservative candidates. Finally, women. Vote with your brains that I know you have!

So there it is. My quick thoughts on the election. Now I have a few noses to wipe...again.

No comments: