Surviving in a Male Dominated Household

Snakes and snails and puppy dog tails...

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Ch ch changes...

This blog was created for family and friends to keep up to date on Dave while he was in Iraq. He's been home for a year now and just a few things have changed since then.

Meet Sean Anthony Bowman. Born April 20, 2009.



Viva la Bowman Male Revolution.

When David and I met, the house was in balance. 1 male, 1 female. Then we welcomed our pet, Samuel Beckett the Cat (aka Beckett) in the mix. No biggie, he's a cat. In November 2005 we had our first child. A boy. William Alexander Bowman. And then Sean was born.

People ask me..."Are you going to try for a girl?" People were asking me this when we discovered we were having a second boy. My response, "Can I birth this child first before thinking about another one??"

We've discussed it. It will be a few years down the road, but we'll probably have one more. That is, if I can survive being a mother of two boys and willing to chance a third. Then again, would Barbie dolls and dresses fit into this household?

So I decided this blog is being transformed from Dave's Army Survival to my Mommy survival. Enjoy the ride. I know I will.

1 comment:

Tim said...

I think Beckett probably only counts as half a male, for the obvious reasons...