Surviving in a Male Dominated Household

Snakes and snails and puppy dog tails...

Monday, November 5, 2012

Why I'm Voting For Romney...

Yes, during the Iowa Caucus I was a Santorum supporter. But here are the reasons I'm voting for Romney.

I'm getting really tired of people pegging me as an anti-woman's rights, all about the bottom line, Conservative.

So I care about babies. I believe that life begins at conception.

So I believe that people should be responsible for their decisions, it's how I was raised. I was raised Catholic and we're raising our boys Catholic. Even though my husband and I skewed from our faith by conceiving Liam before we were married, there was no discussion of abortion. We both knew we were going to be parents. And almost 7 years later, I couldn't imagine my life without him.

So I think that people should live within their means, again how I was raised. I drive a van that's 19 years old but you know what? It's paid for. It runs. It gets me and my boys from point A to point B. Our "new" car, the 2005 Corolla is paid off. Granted, it can't fit everyone in the family anymore, it's a good to and from work vehicle for my husband....and speaking of work....

I believe in hard work. I work hard. My husband works hard. He works a lot of 12-16 hour days and provides our insurance. I'm often up at 2 AM working on articles. We work hard. Granted, we're not in the coal mines in America, but we work hard.

So I don't think people should live on the Government assistance if they can work for themselves.

I nursed all of my babies and have always given away my formula samples (from the hospital/Doctor) to my Church and woman's shelter. I've worked in a soup kitchen. I coupon like crazy and give my excess to my local food bank. I'd much rather donate out of my heart rather than "donate" out of force (taken from my paycheck).

So I have faith in our military. My husband served in Iraq and was away from me and our first born for a year. I had so many sleepless nights waiting for the call that didn't come....and I went to work and took our toddler to daycare the following day. It was tough, but I did it. Because I believed in America. In the America he was fighting for. In the change that he was bringing to the women of Iraq. They deserved the same freedoms that I enjoyed. While it would have been great to have him safe and sound in my bed, that would have been selfish of me. I'm not sure how many lives he saved while he was over there (he's a medic) but what's he has discussed, it was a few. 

So I don't believe in the Government State. I believe that Americans are a very prosperous, educated, intelligent people. I believe they are a God fearing, independent, freedom-loving people.

So I'm voting for Romney for all of those reasons and the hope that my children will know a free America, the same America I knew growing up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a load of BS. "The America you grew up in?" GONE. Long gone. As evidenced by the fact that you're writing a blog, for chrissakes. Something tells me your mama wasn't sitting on her fat ass writing a blog and calling it work.