Surviving in a Male Dominated Household

Snakes and snails and puppy dog tails...

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Keep Trying

We got some bad news today about the house. Turns out totally paying off credit cards (and having them closed at the most inopportune time) screwed with our credit. Again. *Sigh*

They don't want to use my credit because I'm a freelancer. And I don't have 2 years of 1099's. So it's all based on Hubby's credit. Which would be fine, except Sallie Mae totally screwed us over when he was in Iraq. And yes, we've had TWO kids since he's been back...but we're still fighting them. And yes, Sallie Mae IS a Government agency so you'd think that THEY'D know the rules when dealing with other Government agencies (re: Department of Defense; Army). But no...whatever.

I'm going to take some responsibility for our issues. But not all. I've been working my tail off to get things in order, playing by the rules, filling out the forms and faxing, emailing and phone calls. And it's just really, really frustrating.

But just when I was almost in tears about it all and the bad news we got this morning, I hear Wyatt from SuperWhy say, "Today's lesson is KEEP TRYING!" Granted it was about learning to twirl, but I can apply it to myself. Keep trying.

Thank you, Wyatt. I will keep trying.



I've always been amused (and motivated) when someone tells me that I can't do something. Tell me I can't? I'll show you just how much I CAN. I hear that is the Bolton in me. Or the Gormally. At any rate, my mom claims it comes from my dad's side. But I don't think it is a bad trait to have.

Tell me I can't, and I will. I will keep trying.

No comments: