Surviving in a Male Dominated Household

Snakes and snails and puppy dog tails...

Saturday, October 20, 2012

BPA? It's Not What The Media Wants You To Think

I'll admit, I'm a news junkie. Baby Harry sleeps in the bouncer while I work and all of the commercials he hears on Fox News during the day, I'm pretty sure he's going to be an attorney for women who've had a bad experience with vaginal mesh or those with Mesothelioma....and then he'll take his earnings to buy gold. I only hope he never has to use a catheter (even if it does lubricate itself in the package).

So when news breaks on something that can effect my kids, of course I research it. While I'm nursing Baby Harry and he has yet to have a bottle, I'll admit, I got a little swept up in the BPA scare. But me being me, I did the research. And guess what...it's not bad for you or your kids.

Shocker, right? After all of the media scare, after tossing bottles and buying new ones, you could have saved quite a chunk of change by doing your own research. And with three (yes, three) in diapers, I'm all about saving money where I can.

Canada, one of the first Nations to ban BPA are now saying there's no real direct link between BPA and health issues. But that's not what the media would have you believe. I suppose on a slow news day they have to run something, but it is important to know the facts as parents.

Do your research, you could save a lot of money (and sleepless nights) by reading the actual reports instead of just believing the reports from the media.

No comments: