Surviving in a Male Dominated Household

Snakes and snails and puppy dog tails...

Sunday, April 17, 2011

The "Vacation" Week Begins

I told my husband a few months ago, "you know, you should take a week of vacation, sometime in April, just so you can see all that I do every day."

And you know what? He agreed. I'm excited because this means I can get caught up on work, things I want to get done around here etc. etc. He, on the other hand, doesn't seem that thrilled it is finally here. Why do I say that? On Friday night he updated his facebook to "Started my vacation a few hours ago, haven't killed any of the boys (yet)." 

Heh. Welcome to my world.

That being said, our oldest (5) had to spend some time in his room yesterday when my husband had "had enough!" of the constant whining about when dinner was going to be served. Keep in mind this was 30 minutes after lunch.  


Since I knew ahead of time that this was going to be "the" week I would have help, I scheduled 3 dentist appointments and 3 Dr. appointments (two will include shots) for this week. Plus Sean turns 2 on Wednesday, Liam has to take snacks to school on Tuesday....add in the typical Chiropractor appointments, School 4 days a week, I have a school board meeting I need to attend on Monday...along with my usual work requirements....AND making it to see the Easter Bunny at some point at the mall. Hubby is going to be glad to go back to work next week. Hopefully I'll get a little more sympathy when I'm exhausted at the end of the day. 


Maybe at the end of the week, hubby will end up like Liam did on the Easter Bunny's lap when he was two.






That bunny was pretty scary...but running after the three Bow-sons can be scary too!

1 comment:

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

Your photo made me laugh. I would be totally afraid of that Easter Bunny too! So cute!
Good luck with your crazy week! I'm a former Iowan so it's fun to find your blog. :)